Sunday 11 July 2021

New Planting

 





My Gardener, Bex, had cleared the Anemone foliage in the main border, leaving a huge bare patch that needed filling. I asked her what would flower after the Anemone had finished, right through the summer. Salvias was her answer.











Bex had also cleared the barren fruit bushes that were climbing the fence, so I decided to replace them with some from the garden centre. 






In order to be able to get to the fruit bushes, I needed some stepping stones for the border. I'd spotted some RHS stones on offer at the garden centre and bought a Hedgehog 












and an Owl. I doubt the images will last long but it will save damage to the plants.














I added a Cosmos to my shopping basket, because there were no Stachys (lambs ears) in stock. 









Further ground cover came in the form of Delosperma, Wheels of Wonder, another ice plant that promises masses of different coloured flowers throughout the summer. 










Having got the plants home and ordered a Stachys online, I then had the problem of digging deep holes and planting them. The foot is still very sore and I haven't the energy for an afternoon of digging. Help was at hand in the form of Fred, from the Coffee Klatch Group. He had them all happily planted in about an hour. He even came bearing cake.





For reference - Stacys byzantina Silver Carpet groundcover



No comments:

Post a Comment