Monday 30 August 2021

Heading into Autumn

 





The garden is still full of colour. The beginnings of the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness is about to begin. 




I am still harvesting the Black Cherry tomatoes. Despite a reduction in numbers, they are just as deliciously tart as I remember them. 









The Cosmos is putting on quite a long-lasting show, 











and Red Hat Lady Rose has a late flush of magnificent blooms.












I brought the last of the Sweetpeas in yesterday, 


then cleared the seed pods from the border. They do rather dominate the front of the border, to the detriment of the Sedum behind.












The last of the wildflowers is nodding its cheerful yellow heads beside the Arbour Seat. This year, I have hardly use the seat at all. It's been too wet, or too hot, or too windy.











The wild strawberry is providing me with some berries for breakfast, I was wrong in thinking I could leave them for the birds - they're just not interested.





As the herbs in the Physic Garden begin to seed and die down, I've ordered more Lemon Verbena, which I will keep in  a pot and bring indoors over winter.







The feverfew is spreading and still in flower. It makes a good tea to counteract migraine apparently. I sometimes have an ocular migraine - no pain but flashing lights, vertigo, and nausea. I will bear it in mind.


The garden is slowly beginning to prepare for winter. I am doing the same indoors. The first big move is that I will return to the main bedroom upstairs, where I get a better night's sleep in the darker months.





No comments:

Post a Comment